Friday, August 3, 2012

the gift of pie.

Happy Friday Fools.
I'm still at the beach, which is DIVINE.

Today, I have a treat for you. Literally. Miss Amanda from Cupcakes and Corsets is here to share some pie with you, and since I don't do pie (I do do a mean dump cake... and my friend Sweets kills it at pastry), this is actually a real treat.

Enjoy!


~*~


Hey everyone my name is Amanda and my blog is Cupcakes and Corsets I am a pastry chef and I'm guest posting here today.

Thank you Jackie for letting me post! I'm glad to be here!

Today I'll be sharing a recipe for a delicious summer pie. I tweaked a recipe I found in bon appetit to make it a whole new pie. It has lots of berries so you can take advantage of all the summer fresh fruit.



Here's what you will need

1 small container of fresh blue berries
1 small container of fresh raspberries
1 small container of fresh black berries
1 small container of fresh strawberries
1 lemon you will need the juice and zest
3/4 cup of sugar
3 tbsp of cornstarch
1/4 tsp of cardamom
1 tbsp of vanilla
2 pack of ready made pie crust
1 whole egg whisked
tin foil
pie pan
1 large bowl

Preheat oven to 400
First clean all the fruit thoroughly, then cut off the tops of strawberry and slice in half then in half again.

Line the bottom of your pie dish with 1 of your pie crusts take a fork and poke holes in the bottom

Add all your fruit to your big bowl, add  1 tbsp of lemon juice 1tsp of lemon zest ,sugar,cardamom,vanilla,and cornstarch

I would use your hands to stir and be gentle this way you don't mush up all the fruit
Pour mixture into your pie dish and spread out
Now take your 2nd pie crust and cover over the top fold under any extra and you can use a fork to close and mark the ends around the pie
Make slits around the top of the pie like in the picture above
Use your egg mixture to brush atop the whole crust

Bake for 30 min then take off the foil and bake for another 10 min or until pie crust is golden brown

Take out of the oven and let sit before serving you can add a scoop of vanilla ice cream as well

Just a side note you can use from scratch pie crust if you like I normally do but i made this for a dinner party so I didn't have to time to do so

Also to keep the ends from burning use the tin foil to cover just the ends of the pie crust

I hope you enjoy the recipe and have a great week!
~*~

I will absolutely never be able to make that.
But I hope that one of you tries and sends it to me as a thank you for having Amanda over today. Like a hostess gift!


1 comment:

Sweets said...

Pie!!! Yum, this looks delicious. I discovered that making pie for 1 person doesn't always go . . . well, healthily, let's put it that way. :) Thanks for the shout-out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...