Monday, May 14, 2012

mom love




Yesterday was mother's day, obviously, but I was really lazy, so I thought I would leave this ode to my mama post for today. Don't judge. Better late than never, I always say.

My mom is so cool. But more than that, my mom is super supportive, and she almost always knows the answer to any question I could possibly have. If I'm driving and my directions are a big fat liar, she somehow ALWAYS knows the way to my destination even if she's 3 states away and has never been there before. She knows what highway will have the most traffic - without ever having driven on it. She knows what all the lights on my dashboard mean and when to take them seriously. She knows how to cook everything - and knows how to fix anything that I've made that turns out disastrous. She thinks it's funny that our dogs have voices (and call her grandma). She makes me buy clothes that I wouldn't normally buy, and I almost never regret the outfit choices later. She lets me make my own choices, and never says 'I told you so' when something doesn't go the way I have planned. She thinks I'm funny - or pretends to, at least. She gave me my fabulous skin that seemingly never ages... Amazing! She taught me how to buy a house, a car, and how to tell if jewelry is real. She taught me that it's better to pay a little more for quality. She taught me patience, and that it's possible to deal with truly impossible people. She taught me that it's okay to ask for help, okay to cry if you want to, but that we are strong, and no matter what, we do not crumble under pressure. We stay strong and we pull through better for it on the other side.

BUT, there are imperfect things too! Like, why do I have ENORMOUS skis for feet when she has tiny ones that look cute in every shoe? Why do we both have to get horrible migraines? And why does she have to be so far away when I need a mom hug at the end of a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day? 

I miss you every single day, mama! I can't wait until you come and visit me - and teach me how to make everything fit in my closet.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...